I asked a few friends this question, and I got some great answers:
- “What are you grateful for today?”
- “Just over-communicate and under-calculate; life’s not meant to be hard.”
- “Things change.”
- “If you don’t like the way your life looks, change the way you look at it.”
There are a few ways to approach the question:
- The “make the world a better place” angle. Find the right sentence to make people kinder or more giving.
- The “15 minutes of fame” angle. Use the opportunity to promote yourself and become rich and famous.
- The “LOL I’m so goofy” angle. Try to make the world laugh.
- The “quotes to live by” angle. Pass along the quote that has made an impression on you.
For me, I’d take that last angle with this quote:
Me from a few months ago needed to hear that. Future me will need to hear it again. I can’t be the only one.
I love this prompt because it’s a shortcut for defining our values. The sentence we’d say to the world is going to be inline with what we value.
My values are growth and joy (in that order), so my sentence is about growth. Someone with a value of charity might try to find the sentence that makes people most willing to donate. Someone with a value of humor may look for the one that would make the most people laugh.
What sentence would you broadcast to the whole world? What does that say about what you value?
Thanks for reading! Subscribe via email or RSS, follow me on Twitter, or discuss this post on Reddit!