If you don’t know what this is, check out my goals page.
12 week goals: March 29 – June 20, 2021
Set your 12 week goal that aligns with your long-term vision and also represents greatness for you in and of itself in the next 12 weeks. Review your long-term and 3 year visions. Decide on the progress that you are willing to commit to achieving in the next 12 weeks.
Goal 1: Perform some sort of public speaking at least 3 times
Contributes to: “I want to get promoted to a position where I’m leading other leaders.”
- Week 1: Identify the next public speaking opportunity
- Weeks 2-4: Give a talk
- Week 5: Identify the next public speaking opportunity
- Weeks 6-8: Give a talk
- Week 9: Identify the next public speaking opportunity
- Weeks 10-12: Give a talk
Goal 2: Read to my kids every day
Contributes to: “I want my kids to have more non-video-game hobbies which I can participate in.”
- Read 10+ minutes to Henry and Charlie every night before bed
- Read at least 1 book to William every night before bed
Goal 3: Fix the kitchen sink and garage door
Contributes to: “I want our house to be organized, presentable, and well maintained, with all major problems fixed.”
- Week 1: Install a new faucet
- Week 3: Get the garage door fixed
- Week 5: Get the sink fixed
- Weeks 6-12: Celebrate about finally fixing that crap after 7 stupid years
Goal 4: Run 250 miles (attempt #2)
Contributes to: “I want to run a half marathon in under 1:40.”
- Run an average of at least 21 miles each week.
That’s it. I’ll report back on how it goes!
Thanks for reading! Subscribe via email or RSS, follow me on Twitter, or discuss this post on Reddit!