Exit Interviews ask why people are leaving, and Stay Interviews ask why they keep working here. I just learned the term today and I’m already a fan.
A few Stay Interview questions immediately come to mind:
- When is the last time you thought about leaving and what prompted it?
- What keeps you working here day after day?
- What about your job do you look forward to, and what about it do you dread?
- What are you learning here, and does it overlap with what you want to be learning here?
- What can I do to make work you want to stay here more than you already do?
Has anyone tried running Stay Interviews? Was it valuable? Lemme know!