Exit Interviews ask why people are leaving, and Stay Interviews ask why they keep working here. I just learned the term today and I’m already a fan.
A few Stay Interview questions immediately come to mind:
- When is the last time you thought about leaving and what prompted it?
- What keeps you working here day after day? Why haven’t you left?
- What about your job do you look forward to, and what about it do you dread?
- Are you learning what you want to be learning here? What are you learning that you don’t want to learn, and what aren’t you learning that you do want to learn?
- What can I do to make you want to stay here more than you already do?
Has anyone tried running Stay Interviews? Was it valuable? Lemme know!
Thanks for reading! Subscribe via email or RSS, follow me on Twitter, or discuss this post on Reddit!