What a beautiful mindset. St. Francis had religious faith in mind, but the point stands whether you’re religious or not.
I’ve been circling around this idea for a while, but I never quite got to the heart of it. Posts that come to mind:
- Don’t take ANYTHING personally, even good stuff
- Who cares if you’re liked?
- Mindfulness is the opposite of mindlessness!
- How you feel is your fault
- The key to happiness is to stop getting upset all the dang time
- Get creative about assuming best intent
- So what?
- The stories we tell ourselves
Hearing it put so elegantly after tiptoeing around it for so long hits different.
Why is it so hard, though? Sometimes I wear the world like a dang form fitting wetsuit. And intellectually I know I don’t want that. I know I want to care a little less.
Our inner voices are real buttheads.
Thanks for reading! Subscribe via email or RSS, follow me on Twitter, or discuss this post on Reddit!