If I take away the “startup founders” part, I’ve got a new rule for life: “Try subtracting before resorting to adding.”
- My team isn’t learning from each other. Before resorting to adding process, we could try subtracting workstreams to increase collaboration.
- I don’t like my clothes. Before resorting to buying new stuff, I could try donating everything I don’t love so I’m left with only stuff I do love. (“Does this spark joy?”)
- I don’t feel well supported by people in my life. Before resorting to adding new friends or mentors I could try removing the people who are the least supportive from my life, leaving a smaller group of my most supportive friends.
- I’m constantly stressed. Before resorting to medicine or more therapy, I could try simplifying my life and removing anything that’s not critical.
- People keep zoning out during sprint review. Before resorting to adding more excitement to it, we could try ditching it completely.
Thanks for reading! Subscribe via email or RSS, follow me on Twitter, or discuss this post on Reddit!