We’re recovering from a wicked, wicked stomach bug in our house. People always recommend the BRAT diet for that (bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast), but it turns out that’s “no longer generally recommended”
Physicians […] point out that the diet is not nutritionally complete and may be deficient in energy, fat, protein, fiber, vitamin A, vitamin B12Wikipedia
So I asked ChatGPT to generate a new acronym with more recommended foods. Say hello to the FLUEYMASH diet:
- F – Fruit (soft fruits: bananas, applesauce, avocado, pumpkin, and melons)
- L – Low-fiber starches (white bread, white rice, saltine crackers, cream of wheat, instant oatmeal, and noodles)
- U – Unseasoned skinless baked chicken or turkey
- E – Eggs (scrambled)
- Y – Yogurt or kefir
- M – Mashed or pureed vegetables
- A – Apple juice, weak tea, Pedialyte, bone broth, coconut water, and other clear fluids
- S – Soups (broth-based and low-fiber)
- H – Hot cereals like oatmeal, cream of wheat, and grits
I’ll never remember all of those but it was a fun use of ChatGPT.
Thanks for reading! Subscribe via email or RSS, follow me on Twitter, or discuss this post on Reddit!