If you want to talk to me, ping me on chat. Use the most appropriate team room if you can (and beware of private conversations), but if it needs to be private, then a 1-1 message is okay.
If it’ll take longer than a minute or two to chat about, then let’s chat on a video call.
I work 9am-5pm ET with an hour lunch break every day, which leaves a few hours of quiet nighttime work each week. I almost never start before 9am or end after 5pm.
I may get excited about something and send you a message after hours. If so, I don’t expect you to respond then.
You can’t offend me. It’s scientifically impossible. If you have feedback for me, positive or negative, please just say it honestly. I promise to do my absolute best to ponder on it and respond thoughtfully and curiously rather than defensively.
If you prefer to receive feedback in a certain way then please let me know.
If I ever seem mad or upset, I’m probably not. It’s coming across like that because I’m excited or passionate about it.
What I value
- Growth and joy above everything else
- No broken windows
- Action over discussion
- Cult-like team pride
- Courage over comfort
- Warmth over impressiveness
- Strong opinions, loosely held
What I need help with
- I’m not a great programmer. You’re probably a better one.
- I’m have trouble saying things that may upset people.
- I’m not much of a traveler – I avoid it as much as possible.
- I’m bad at taking something from 90% to 100%.