If you don’t know what this is, check out my goals page.
12 week goals: January 3 – March 27, 2022
Set your 12 week goal that aligns with your long-term vision and also represents greatness for you in and of itself in the next 12 weeks. Review your long-term and 3 year visions. Decide on the progress that you are willing to commit to achieving in the next 12 weeks.
All of these things are in line with my Year of Adventure. Nothing work related this time. Focusing on personal stuff this cycle. Next cycle will be more work focused.
Goal 1: Run my first marathon
Contributes to three year goal: “I want to run a half marathon in under 1:40.”
- Weeks 1-10: Stick to this training plan
- Week 11: Run the marathon (March 20th)
- Week 12: Be sore
Goal 2: Cut down to 135lbs
Contributes to three year goal: “I want to weigh 150lbs with 10% body fat.”
Planning to cut down to 10%-ish body fat, and then do a slow, clean bulk back up to 150lbs.
- Weeks 1-12:
- Stick to my macros
- Lift weights 4x per week
- Weigh myself daily, comparing average weight per week
Goal 3: Self-publish a crappy, tiny book
Contributes to three year goal: “I want to self publish a book from my blog posts.”
This won’t be earth shattering. It’ll be experience for when I am ready to publish something earth shattering.
- Weeks 1-2: Research process for self-publishing
- Week 3: Decide on a topic
- Weeks 4-8: Cobble together my blog posts on that topic into a cohesive book
- Weeks 9-12: Publish that sucker
Goal 4: Fix the most annoying house things
Contributes to three year goal: “I want our house to be organized, presentable, and well maintained, with all major problems fixed.”
Going for one improvement per month.
- Weeks 1-4: Install a new kitchen faucet
- Weeks 5-8: Replace the broken back window
- Weeks 9-12: Plant some bushes and crap
Goal 5: Two kid adventures per week
Contributes to three year goal: “I want my kids to have more non-video-game hobbies which I can participate in.”
This could be going somewhere (like a new hiking trail) or doing something (like building a coat rack). The only rule is that we can’t do the same adventure two weeks in a row.
That’s it. I’ll report back on how it goes!