I’ve been thinking a lot about time management lately. For fun I mapped out what my ideal week would look like. Here it is:
- Blue = work
- Salmon = family
- Purple = sleep
- Green = friends
- Yellow = exercise
A few takeaways:
- That’s a lot of salmon colored blocks. My ideal week includes a ton of family time, but almost all of it is spent doing something (getting ready for school, cooking dinner, etc.).
- I only want to work 24 hours a week apparently, unless you count exercising as working workouts in which case it’s 33 hours.
- Even when planning a three-hour family adventure and two separate hour-long nap-time activities on the weekend, I still have ~4h of free time per weekend. So why do they always feel so busy? Laundry for six people adds up I guess.
- Two hours a night should be plenty of time to cook a legit meal for the family and eat it. But most days I don’t start cooking until 5:45 which makes every it feel rushed and stressful.
- Starting in August, everyone will be in school by 8:15 (Thomas will be in K4 and will start going earlier) which means I’ll get 45 extra minutes in the morning.
Main takeaway: I have more time than I think if I stick to a schedule, especially on the weekends.
Thanks for reading! Subscribe via email or RSS, follow me on Twitter, or discuss this post on Reddit!