Gallup studied almost 3 million people across 100k teams and identified these 12 questions to be “the most effective survey questions to measure employee engagement.”
- Do I know what is expected of me at work?
- Do I have the materials and equipment I need to do my work right?
- At work, do I have the opportunity to do what I do best every day?
- In the last seven days, have I received recognition or praise for doing good work?
- Does my supervisor, or someone at work, seem to care about me as a person?
- Is there someone at work who encourages my development?
- At work, do my opinions seem to count?
- Does the mission/purpose of my company make me feel my job is important?
- Are my co-workers committed to doing quality work?
- Do I have a best friend at work?
- In the last six months, has someone at work talked to me about my progress?
- This last year, have I had opportunities at work to learn and grow?
They also provide a deep dive into each question.
Here’s a fun challenge: guess the average rating your team would give each question, then survey your team and see how close you were. Which ones were the lowest? Fix those immediately, or they may drive people to leave. Which ones were the most surprising? Those are your blind spots. Shed some light on em.