- Who the crap am I to be managing these excellent engineers?
- Who the crap am I to be the parent of a human being?
- Who the crap am I to be the parent of multiple human beings?
- Who the crap am I to be architecting this app that millions of people will use?
- Who the crap am I to be writing a book and expecting people to read it?
- Who the crap am I to be doing [thing that makes me feel like an imposter]?
Who the crap am I to be the parent of a human being? Well, let’s see…I helped raise my little brother and I did a good bit of babysitting for my cousin too. I’ve read four-count-them-four parenting books. I’m patient and kind and empathetic. I’m in a stable relationship and we make a good team. We live in a safe neighborhood with lots of kids. We have lots of support from family and close friends. Blah blah blah, so on and so forth.You, maybe
Sit there and really answer it. Don’t let your brain ask your brain rhetorical questions without forcing your brain to answer your brain.
Anxiety feeds on vagueness and hates specifics. Examine it and you’ll find that you’re plenty qualified.