That explains why I’m so much more productive at a coffee shop than at home.
If you’re into this, there are businesses built around it. Here’s a short list:
- Double – join others doing whatever you’re doing (examples: working, running, or painting)
- Focusmate – video chat sessions with a partner committed to getting a task accomplished
- Flow Club – virtual co-working sessions with small groups
- Body Doubling – a forum to find people willing to double up with you
- Shut Up & Write – virtual and in person meetups for writing specifically
And there’s always the poor man’s version: book a video call with your team and have everyone join, shut up, and do the thing. Works well with procrastinators whenever there’s a thing everyone needs to do, like writing peer reviews or self evaluations.
Thanks for reading! Subscribe via email or RSS, follow me on Twitter, or discuss this post on Reddit!