Over a year ago, I wrote about doing weekly experiments on myself. I’m still at it. Almost every Monday, I decide which experiment to run that week.
Here are some of my favorites:
- Ask one question every meeting
- Strict time blocking (including planning Slack time)
- No carb-only snacks
- Throw out/donate a bag of junk every day (only lasted 2-3 weeks but it was great)
- No caffeine (more about that)
- Never take my phone out of the living room
- Give someone a random shout out in Slack every day
- Don’t eat bread
- Message or text someone I haven’t spoken to in at least a week, every day
- Stop saying the word “like”
Some of them I’m still doing (like the strict time blocking) and some I ditched right away (like 20:4 fasting and taking baths instead of showers). But I’ve learned from each one.
Run an experiment on yourself next week and see what you learn.