Over a year ago, I wrote about doing weekly experiments on myself. I’m still at it. Almost every Monday, I decide which experiment to run that week.
Here are some of my favorites:
- Ask one question every meeting
- Strict time blocking (including planning Slack time)
- No carb-only snacks
- Throw out/donate a bag of junk every day (only lasted 2-3 weeks but it was great)
- No caffeine (more about that)
- Never take my phone out of the living room
- Give someone a random shout out in Slack every day
- Don’t eat bread
- Message or text someone I haven’t spoken to in at least a week, every day
- Stop saying the word “like”
Some of them I’m still doing (like the strict time blocking) and some I ditched right away (like 20:4 fasting and taking baths instead of showers). But I’ve learned from each one.
Run an experiment on yourself next week and see what you learn.
Thanks for reading! Subscribe via email or RSS, follow me on Twitter, or discuss this post on Reddit!