If you don’t know what this is, check out my goals page.
12 week goals: April 4 – June 26, 2022
Set your 12 week goal that aligns with your long-term vision and also represents greatness for you in and of itself in the next 12 weeks. Review your long-term and 3 year visions. Decide on the progress that you are willing to commit to achieving in the next 12 weeks.
Goal 1: Ramp up at my new job 🎉
Contributes to three year goal: “I want to get promoted to a position where I’m leading other leaders.”
These tactics are vague and not very helpful to include here because it’s stuff I’d be doing anyway, but it’s worth noting since it’s such a huge growth area this cycle.
- Weeks 1-3: Re-read An Elegant Puzzle to brush up
- Week 4: Onboarding
- Weeks 5-8: Meet everyone, build relationships, ask questions, build a 60 day plan with manager
- Weeks 9-12: Start delivering on my 60 day plan
Goal 2: Do six 40-before-40 adventures
Contributes to three year goal: “I want to complete my 40-before-40 list.”
Also contributes to my Year of Adventure. Most of these will be with my family.
- Weeks 1-2: Live sports game (probably hockey)
- Weeks 3-4: Volunteer at a race
- Weeks 5-6: Clear out the attic 😱
- Weeks 7-8: Rock climbing gym
- Weeks 9-10: Compete in a Savage Race
- Weeks 11-12: Swim in a lake
Goal 3: Do the most important house things
Contributes to three year goal: “I want our house to be organized, presentable, and well maintained, with all major problems fixed.”
- Weeks 1-4: Get a new fridge
- Weeks 5-8: Convert our garage into a gym
- Weeks 9-12: Move my office downstairs into the old nursery
Goal 4: Build five pounds of lean muscle
Contributes to three year goal: “I want to weigh 150lbs with 10% body fat.”
- Week 1: Join the gym near my kids’ school and get the class schedule
- Weeks 1-12:
- Start with 2500 calories per day
- Adjust in increments of 150 calories until I’m gaining .2 to .5 pounds per week
- Lift weights at least three times per week, following a program
Goal 5: Run a half marathon in 1:50
Contributes to three year goal: “I want to run a half marathon in under 1:40.”
- Weeks 1-6:
- Run 30+ miles a week
- Stick to this half marathon training plan
- Week 6: Run the Mountains to Main Street HM in under 1:50
That’s it. I’ll report back on how it goes!