If you spend more time on your phone than you want to, try these stupid tips:
- Delete any apps that suck you in. You know the ones where you spend an hour in there and then feel guilty about it. This could include:
- Delete all games. This one should be obvious.
- Delete all social networking. “But then I’ll just use the browser!” No you won’t:
- Delete the web browser. “But then how will I get info that I need?” I’ll tell you:
- Install the Google app. It has a crappy little built in browser for clicking search results.
- Make your display grayscale. That’ll up the suck-factor by at least 3x.
- Install an ebook reader. Try Libby – it’s your library in your phone.
- Finally: Disable the app store using parental controls, and make someone you trust control the password so you can’t reinstall anything in a moment of weakness.
By the end of this, reading books and texting/calling people should be the only fun things you can do to pass time on your phone. You’ll either stop mindlessly pulling out your phone or you’ll read a lot of books. It’s a win either way!