If you don’t know what this is, check out my goals page.
It’s been a while! My last 12WY round ended months ago. I took some time off from goals to wrap my brain around the new job and have a laid back summer.
12 week goals: Oct 10 – Dec 31
Set your 12 week goal that aligns with your long-term vision and also represents greatness for you in and of itself in the next 12 weeks. Review your long-term and 3 year visions. Decide on the progress that you are willing to commit to achieving in the next 12 weeks.
Goal 1: Write my promotion packet
Contributes to three year goal: “I want to get promoted to a position where I’m leading other leaders.”
- Weeks 1-12: Spend 30 minutes per week adding things from my brag list to my promo packet
Goal 2: Do six 40-before-40 adventures
Contributes to three year goal: “I want to complete my 40-before-40 list.”
Also contributes to my Year of Adventure. Most of these will be with my family.
- Weeks 1-2: Screen free digital detox weekend
- Weeks 3-4: Volunteer at a race
- Weeks 5-6: Go trail running at Table Rock
- Weeks 7-8: Compete in a Spartan Race
- Weeks 9-10: Go to a rock climbing gym
- Weeks 11-12: Learn a real song on the keyboard
Goal 3: Do the most important house things
Contributes to three year goal: “I want our house to be organized, presentable, and well maintained, with all major problems fixed.”
- Weeks 1-4: Finish painting and tweaking the office
- Weeks 5-8: ???
- Weeks 9-12: ???
(Still need to decide with Nancy what the next most important things are)
Goal 4: Lose 10 pounds
Contributes to three year goal: “I want to weigh 150lbs with 10% body fat.”
- Weeks 1-12: Don’t eat anything on my “never list” of foods
- Weeks 1-12: Keep up with my planned exercise routine
- Monday: Lift + steady run
- Tuesday: Speed run
- Wednesday: Lift + threshold run
- Thursday: Easy run
- Friday: Long trail run
- Saturday: Lift
- Sunday: Rest
That’s it. I’ll report back on how it goes!
Thanks for reading! Subscribe via email or RSS, follow me on Twitter, or discuss this post on Reddit!