As part of my year of connection, I’m going to experiment with a weekly journal here to connect with myself. You’ll probably be bored if you read this.
(Quick post this week. Trying to stay off of screens for my eyes since I got LASIK on Friday.)
Let’s start with a vowel check:
- A – Have I practiced abstinence this week? No, crap diet. Experiment for fixing this below.
- E – Have I exercised well this week? Not bad but not great. Only got 9 miles in but I had a few doctor appointments and a lot of rain so I don’t feel bad about it.
- I – What have I done for myself this week? Got LASIK!
- O – What have I done for others this week? Took some time off work on Monday to volunteer with my 6 year old’s class.
- U – Do I have any unexpressed emotions? Worried I look worse without glasses. 🥸😱
- Y – The “yeah” factor; what brought me joy this week? Brought a tablet to the gym and watched a movie on the treadmill and it was much less miserable than the treadmill usually is with just my phone.
Last week’s plans vs. reality:
- Weekly experiment: Say “let me write about that and get back to you” at least once per day. Didn’t do it daily but did it a couple times. Always glad I did.
- Mistake of ambition: Figure out a format for “Manager therapy” and send out the invites. Decided on Lean Coffee and invites are sent.
- Looking forward to: I’m getting LASIK done on Friday! Glasses are gone, vision is better than 20/20, life is good.
- Stressing me out: Not much! 😀
Takeaways from last week:
- Need to just make a decision and go with it (like the format for manager therapy) than agonizing over it.
- Should have done LASIK a long time ago. I need to stop putting stuff like that off for forever.
- What’s my next weekly experiment? Text someone (Nancy, probably) whenever I want to eat something I’ll regret.
- What is stressing me out? Kicking off a coaching training at work.
- What’s my next mistake of ambition? Nothing planned this week. The coaching training plus manager therapy plus getting used to life without glasses and doing eyedrops a million times a day is plenty for now.
- What am I looking forward to? Getting back on a trail for a long run sometime this week.
Thanks for reading! Subscribe via email or RSS, follow me on Twitter, or discuss this post on Reddit!